Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Archangel - Teaser/Excerpt

Archangel may not be coming out for a few months, but I thought what better way to tease than to offer an excerpt. Enjoy!


Now today we're getting married. In addition to already being my partner and soul mate, she'll now become my wife.
"Danny, have you even slept tonight?" She was eyeing me skeptically. "Sheez, and they say brides are jittery."
That's one of the thing I love about Mary Elizabeth Tudor--her wicked, sarcastic sense of humor. Though it was lost on many, it was one of the many quirks that made her special.
"Yes I've slept, sweet. I merely enjoy watching you."
"Hmmmph, hoping you'll catch me talking in my sleep is more like it."
I leaned down and kissed her. She immediately opened, responding to my touch. "Such sass, and on your wedding day too."
"Oh God Danny, it's really here. My, our wedding day."
"Having second thoughts?"
"No, never. I have waited my entire life for you, Daniel. I love you."
"I love you too sweet, and I am so glad we found each other again."
"Me too. Now enough of this mushy talk, we can do that later. I believe we need to get up and start getting ready, Danny."
"But we have hours before we are scheduled to be at the town hall."

Mary should know she cannot refuse me, not that she ever has or would. She loves to get all bossy and in my face. A trait that comes from having three brothers I'm sure. ©JamieSalisbury2014

No comments:

Post a Comment